How do you kick an Australian Rules Football? Our Captain/Coach Loysie (Chris Loy) explains how in the first of our new video guide series.
(Share this video on Facebook via our post, here)
Key points to remember:
- Hold the ball so it is pointing directly up in to the sky with the laces at the front of the ball facing away from you.
- Place your hands at a 45 degree angle across the seams, mid-way down each side of the ball.
- Hold the ball over your kicking leg and keep your body square.
- Drop and guide the ball from your hands – don’t throw it upwards.
- Get your body weight moving through the ball so that you land on the foot that you kick with. Try not to lean back!
- Point your toe as you kick.
It’s not too late to join the London Swans this year either! Simply contact us via this website or send us a message on Facebook for more information.
What is AFL? Find out more, here.